Senior Hoof & Joint 4lb
- Buy 3 for $79.95 each and save 6%
- Buy 6 for $72.95 each and save 14%
Keep your senior comfortable and happy with hoof and joint support specially designed for the aging horse with Olive Extract and Cetylated Fatty Acids for mobility and resiliency. Provides comprehensive support for joint mobility, strong bones and cartilage, and hoof structural integrity and function.
Use at rate of 30-60 g daily in divided doses. Scoop Included. 4 lb. pail = 30-60 day supply
Aging is a complicated process that impacts all body tissues. With respect to the horse's skeletal system, a lifetime of simply bearing the horse's considerable weight can result in wear and tear on the tissues. Add to that an active previous lifestyle and any conformational faults, imbalances or additional strain from things like footing or faulty shoes, and the issue is compounded. Oxidative stress also upsets the normal balance between breakdown and repair.
Aging has been associated with increasing oxidant stress and decreasing antioxidant defense capacity. The ingredients in Senior Hoof and Joint work for the older horse to support a strong structural base and fluid, comfortable movement.
- Bone of older horses undergoes progressive loss of quality. Silicon is a trace mineral which helps by supporting osteoblast activity, the cells responsible for maintaining bone, and decreasing Calcium secretion in urine. Orthosilicic Acid is a highly bioavailable source of Silicon.
- Joint cartilage is well documented to respond to Glucosamine, Chondroitin Sulfate and Hyaluronic Acid, all normal constituents of cartilage and joint fluid. Health of the synovial membrane, the tissue which secretes joint fluid, is also supported.
- Both joint cartilage and connective tissues in general are nourished by Copper, Vitamins B6 and B5 as well as Hydrolyzed Collagen.
- Hoof health is supported by the B Vitamins B5, B6 and Biotin, key amino acids of Lysine and Methionine, as well as Zinc. These act synergistically with regard to hoof quality, strength and ability to maintain integrity.
- The oxidative stress that may affect all tissues is counterbalanced by the antioxidant effects of MSM, Devil's Claw, Boswellia, cetylated fatty acids, Pancreatin, Vitamin C, Olive Extract, Bromelain, and Grapeseed Extract.