Ortho-CD Pellets 4lb
- Buy 4 for $74.95 each and save 6%
Ortho CD provides broad spectrum support for the skeletal system for the pregnant mare and growing horse. Palatable protein, vitamin, and mineral supplement supports bones, joints, and connective tissue to promote healthy development and strength.
Available in additional sizes:
4 lb. pail = 15 day supply
8 lb. pail = 30 day supply
Pregnant mares: First half pregnancy 60 g
Pregnant mares: Last half pregnancy 60 g
Lactating mares: 120 g
Weanlings: 60 g
Yearlings: 120 g
The health of bones, joints, tendons and ligaments is essential to equine performance and overall health. Optimizing nutrition is an important step in maintaining and supporting skeletal health at all ages.
- Vitamins D and K are important for the deposition of Calcium in bone.
- Vitamin C plays an important role as an antioxidant to protect connective tissue, including tendons and ligaments, from the damaging effect of free radicals. Is also an essential element for the formation of tendon, ligament, bone scaffolding and joint cartilage.
- High quality protein, such as whey in combination with specific amino acids, support the production of connective tissue, which forms the framework of bone, joint cartilage, tendons, and ligaments. These amino acids include Lysine, Proline, Isoleucine, Alanine, and Glycine, as well as Hydrolyzed Collagen.
- MSM, Yucca, and the enzyme SOD – Superoxide Dismutase provide protection from the damaging effect of free radicals on joint tissue.
- Silica supports bone and joint health. Other minerals important to bone, joint and connective tissue health include Boron, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Strontium, and Calcium.
- Joint cartilage and joint fluid are supported with the structural components Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid, and Glucosamine Hydrochloride.