Ortho-CD Pellets 4lb
- Buy 4 for $74.95 each and save 6%
A protein, vitamin, and mineral supplement to support the skeletal system; bones, joints and connective tissue.
Ortho-CD is an equine supplement recommended for pregnant mares, growing horses, performance horses, and seniors. The suggested minimum trial period is 6 weeks.
Ortho-CD is a convenient and palatable supplement that provides broad spectrum support for the skeletal system. The focus is providing bone, joint and connective tissue with high quality protein, targeted amino acids, bone specific vitamins, trace minerals and joint support ingredients to facilitate normal development and strength.
Use at the rate of 60 to 120 grams daily.
The health of bones, joints, tendons and ligaments is essential to equine performance, in addition to overall health. Optimizing nutrition is an important step in maintaining and supporting skeletal health at all ages.
- - Vitamins D and K are important for the deposition of Calcium in bone.
- - Vitamin C plays an important role as an antioxidant to protect connective tissue, including tendons and ligaments, from the damaging effect of free radicals. Also an essential element for the formation of tendon, ligament, bone scaffolding and joint cartilage.
- - High quality protein, such as whey in combination with specific amino acids, support the production of connective tissue, which forms the framework of bone, the background substance of joint cartilage, tendons and ligaments. These amino acids include Lysine, Proline, Isoleucine, Alanine and Glycine, as well as Hydrolyzed Collagen.
- - MSM, Yucca and the enzyme SOD – Superoxide Dismutase provide protection from the damaging effect of free radicals on joint tissue.
- - Silica supports bone and joint health in young, active horses on high concentrate diets, and has been shown to be important in many species. Other minerals important to bone, joint and connective tissue health include Boron, Copper, Zinc, Manganese, Strontium and Calcium.
- - Joint cartilage and joint fluid are supported with the structural components Chondroitin Sulfate, Hyaluronic Acid and Glucosamine Hydrochloride.