Lung EQ Pellet
Lung EQ promotes overall equine respiratory, lung and immune health for horses with respiratory reactions to environmental irritants and seasonal allergens. With Spirulina Platensis which may help stabilize the mast cells that release histamine. MSM supports normal regulation of inflammation. Flaxseed meal promotes balanced inflammatory pathways. Jiaogulan supports healthy histamine levels, open airways, and healthy immune response.
Use at the rate of 60 g (1 scoop) daily. May increase to 120 g (2 scoops) daily in times of allergies. In a palatable pellet.
Many factors contribute to the development of respiratory problems in horses. Even minor decreases in lung function can have major impacts on performance. Airway irritation can be caused by bacteria and viruses, exercise, dusty stalls, pastures or arenas, allergens or other irritants in the environment.
When the horse's lung is challenged by exposure to a nonspecific irritant or a substance (allergen) that triggers an allergic response, the reaction is to constrict and narrow the airways, irritate the tissues and produce large amounts of mucus. The end result is difficulty moving air, the simple process of breathing.
Manifestations range from poor performance and prolonged respiratory recovery times after exercise, to increased nasal mucus, snorting, coughing and wheezing and obvious distress at rest.
Lung EQ helps maintain overall equine respiratory, lung and immune health.
- Spirulina platensis is a blue-green algae that has been extensively studied by the World Health Organization as a supplemental “super food”. The properties of Spirulina are not shared by other blue-green algae species. Spirulina is an antioxidant; it prevents histamine release, a major mediator of allergic reactions. It is also a potent regulator in the immune system.
- MSM is a derivative of DMSO, whose lung support properties have recently been documented by formal study. Http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23595869
- Flaxseed Meal is a rich source of the Omega-3 fatty acid, Linolenic Acid.
- Jiaogulan is a Chinese herb that supports airway dilation for a healthy immune response.
- Vitamin C is a key antioxidant found in lung tissue. Studies have shown that Vitamin C levels are low in the lungs of horses with lung issues.
The base used in Lung EQ Pellets is low starch
Active Ingredients per 60 g dose:
|Stabilized Flaxseed Meal||2,000 mg|
|Vitamin C (Calcium Ascorbate||1,000 mg|
Beet Pulp, Corn Distillers Grains with Solubles, Lignin Sulfonate, Fenugreek Seed Powder, Vegetable Oil blend.