- Buy 6 for $11.95 each and save 8%
- Buy 24 for $10.95 each and save 16%
HY-XL Race Fuel provides powerful support for energy production, recovery, and muscular power. With full spectrum B-vitamins for healthy stress response and nervous system support for energy production without nervousness or hyperactivity. Vitamin, mineral, and amino acid blend in a convenient, fast-acting paste.
Administer tubes orally and in spaced intervals.
STANDARD-BRED RACE HORSE: First Tube – 7 hours before event. Second Tube – 3 hours before event.
RACING QUARTER HORSES: 1 to 2 Tubes 3-6 hours before event.
THOROUGHBRED RACE HORSE: First Tube – 12 hours before event. Second Tube – 3-6 hours before the event.
HUNTER / JUMPER (Other Competition Horse): First Tube – the day before competition. Second Tube – the day of competition.
All horses may be given 1 tube after an event to aid in recuperation.
HY-XL supplements the horse with the numerous nutrients needed to produce and replenish energy stores for strong support during and after athletic performance.
The generation of energy for exercise performance requires a complicated range of nutrients to process energy sources into ATP, the energy currency of the cell, and to protect the horse’s cells from the metabolic fallout of oxidative stress that results from energy generation. Equally important is the rebuilding of energy stores and any damage the horse’s cells may have suffered during intense exercise.
- - Inosine Monophosphate (IMP) is the precursor molecule for the creation of ATP, the high energy compound that drives all cell work. It is also the breakdown product of ATP metabolism, and some IMP is also lost from the cells by further degradation during exercise. The IMP in HY-XL helps replenish this loss so that ATP levels can be maximized for the next performance. Magnesium and Phosphorus are also required for ATP metabolism.
- - Dimethylglycine (DMG) is an amino acid metabolite that helps maintain oxygen and nutrient flow in cells and supports lactic acid production for optimal muscle, brain and energy levels
- - L-Carnitine and Inositol, as well as the B vitamins and Cobalt, are required for the burning of fats as a cellular fuel. The B vitamins are also needed for processing of carbohydrates and proteins.
- - Smooth functioning of the nervous system requires the B vitamins, Glycine, Choline and Inositol.
- - Antioxidants help preserve the cells from the damaging effect of free radicals that are inevitably generated during the generation of energy. These include Vitamin C, Zinc, Copper, and Manganese.