Carnosine Formula 5
- Buy 4 for $37.95 each and save 12%
Carnosine Formula 5 supports healthy glucose metabolism. When sugar levels rise the process of glycation results in the formation of harmful advanced glycation end products (AGES). Contains 5 specific ingredients that play significant roles in healthy glucose metabolism and may reduce the rate of AGES formation; Berberine Sulfate, L-Carnosine, Chromium, N-Acetyl Cysteine, and Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Take 3 capsules daily, or as directed by your healthcare professional.
The stabilization of blood glucose is crucial for energy production, cellular metabolism and the health of all the tissues in the body, particularly the heart, blood vessels, eyes, skin, connective tissue and kidneys. When sugar levels (glucose) rise in the blood, there are a number of metabolically distressful events that occur to the cells and tissues of the body. One of the most significant events that can occur is the process of glycation.
Glycation is the result of an elevated (even modestly) or fluctuating level of blood glucose. Glycation proceeds when oxygen and body temperature cause the blood glucose to become altered or “sticky.” The result of this chemistry is the formation of advanced glycation end products (AGES), which crosslinks body proteins with glucose and can change the body proteins in a way that renders them nonfunctional. AGES can, over time, significantly damage the tissues of the body and reduce their ability to function properly.
The prevention and reversal of glycation and AGES is essential for optimal cell and tissue health. This formulation supplies ingredients that support a healthy glucose metabolism and a balanced relationship between glucose and the body’s tissues.
Carnosine Formula 5 promotes optimal cell and tissue health to support healthy glucose metabolism and a balanced relationship between glucose and the body’s tissues.
- - The Vitamin B1 (Thiamin) analogue Benfotiamine is strongly involved in healthy glucose metabolism and reduces glucose related stress by blocking the pathway for AGEs formation and may play a role in reversing AGEs related tissue stress.
- - The most active forms of Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxal 5-Phosphate), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) and Vitamin B3 (Niacinamide) play significant roles in healthy glucose metabolism and also reduce the rate of AGEs formation.
- - Berberine Sulfate supports healthy blood glucose levels and can have a stabilizing effect on glucose levels that are imbalanced. As a result of this, the rate of AGEs formation also decreases.
- - L-Carnosine is a peptide that also supports a healthy muscular metabolism and has the ability to support and or reduce the formation of AGEs and possibly reduce the tissue stress associated with them.
- - The mineral Chromium plays an essential role in supporting healthy blood sugar patterns.
- - The amino acid N-Acetyl Cysteine (NAC) is a potent antioxidant and a precursor to Glutathione. NAC and Glutathione can support healthy l levels of oxidation and also support reduced formation of AGEs.
- - Alpha Lipoic Acid supports healthy glucose metabolism, is both a fat and water soluble antioxidant and can reduce the excessive oxidation that is required for the formation of AGEs from blood sugar.
Serving Size: 3 capsules
Servings per container: 30
Amount per serving % DV*
|Niacin (as Niacinamide)||250 mg||1250|
|Vitamin B6 (as Pyridoxal-5-Phosphate)||15 mg||750|
|Chromium (as chromium polynicotinate)||2000mcg||1666|
|Berberine Sulfate||500 mg||*|
|Alpha Lipoic Acid||250 mg||*|
|N-Acetyl L-Cysteine||250 mg||*|
*Daily Value (DV) not established.
Other Ingredients: Gelatin (capsule), silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate (vegetable).